SMF-LiPF

Currently:
  • Paul - Petrea - LivingInCebuForums.com 4 3

Topic: Paul - Petrea - LivingInCebuForums.com  (Read 10524 times)

Description:

 

Offline wowwowee

  • [Add as Friend]

  • Full Member

  • **
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 1
  • Date Registered: Feb 2012

  • Posts: 105
    • View Profile
RE: Looking for Paul Petrea In Cebu
« Reply #165 on: February 23, 2012, 02:25:24 AM »
I believe that Julie is equally as guilty if she accepted the responsibility of making sure that the collections were made- and then did not do so .   She had her hands on the monies and at least some of it went into her own account  .    I dont see how her marital status has any bearing on anything Pete.
Personally i would like to get them all in the stand and subject them to intense cross examination to try and determine where the truth really  lies.  Preferably questioned by the NBI .

I doubt that we will ever know the truth about where all the money disappeared to . I also doubt that the 7 people left holding the bag will ever see any of their money. To say that 50% will be paid out is pure fantasy !!  If you doubt that just wait a couple of months and you will see for yourself.

Offline Moalboring

  • [Add as Friend]

  • Jr. Member

  • *
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 0
  • Date Registered: Feb 2012

  • Posts: 19
    • View Profile
RE: Looking for Paul Petrea In Cebu
« Reply #166 on: February 23, 2012, 03:56:21 AM »
Quote from: 'Ozepete' pid='1064' dateline='1329962282'
Also I don't think it's fair or justifiable to place any responsibility on Julie, she wasn't the one who made the offer or was operating this scam.  I don't know her but it appears that she wasn't even married to the late Bill  


Some additional info to this:

It has always been mentioned by Paul that Julie was Bill's wife. Words like "partner", "girlfriend" or such have never been mentioned.

It is also important to mention that according to Paul and Bill himself it was Julie who was operating the whole system. Bill even admitted a "mistake" he made, namely that he has left the business run by Julie only "supervise" her by asking 'is everything OK?'

Come on, is here anyone who seriously believe that Bill had contacts in the Carcar municipio to get in there and promote the scheme to the folks working there?
It was Julie who knew people, department heads etc. and offered the "service".
And she was the one who collected, too. She has all the names of the borrowers for sure.

The main problem with this scheme was the lies they told people to get more money in.
These lies included a rosy picture of their privileges in the offices where the borrowers worked - priority in payment on paydays and special payment occasions.
With this they gained a lot of time - e.g. from October to Xmas when the Xmas bonuses were expected to be paid. They were paid, but not to them - and the borrowers just refused to pay on the spot, they preferred lechon baboy for the family. Julie and Bill had nothing in hand to force them to pay - regardless what was the story about it to the investors.

Since no one has ever seen the names of the borrowers, it is still unclear where the money is.
If its really with real borrowers, there are ways to go after them.  A collector maybe. 10% cost? Hurray, I am in. Better than lose 100% in a waiting game.

If the borrower contracts cannot be found or seen, then its estafa and thats the way to go.

Offline wowwowee

  • [Add as Friend]

  • Full Member

  • **
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 1
  • Date Registered: Feb 2012

  • Posts: 105
    • View Profile
RE: Looking for Paul Petrea In Cebu
« Reply #167 on: February 23, 2012, 04:25:40 AM »
Quote from: 'Moalboring' pid='1069' dateline='1329969381'
Quote from: 'Ozepete' pid='1064' dateline='1329962282'
Also I don't think it's fair or justifiable to place any responsibility on Julie, she wasn't the one who made the offer or was operating this scam.  I don't know her but it appears that she wasn't even married to the late Bill  


Some additional info to this:

It has always been mentioned by Paul that Julie was Bill's wife. Words like "partner", "girlfriend" or such have never been mentioned.

It is also important to mention that according to Paul and Bill himself it was Julie who was operating the whole system. Bill even admitted a "mistake" he made, namely that he has left the business run by Julie only "supervise" her by asking 'is everything OK?'

Come on, is here anyone who seriously believe that Bill had contacts in the Carcar municipio to get in there and promote the scheme to the folks working there?
It was Julie who knew people, department heads etc. and offered the "service".
And she was the one who collected, too. She has all the names of the borrowers for sure.

The main problem with this scheme was the lies they told people to get more money in.
These lies included a rosy picture of their privileges in the offices where the borrowers worked - priority in payment on paydays and special payment occasions.
With this they gained a lot of time - e.g. from October to Xmas when the Xmas bonuses were expected to be paid. They were paid, but not to them - and the borrowers just refused to pay on the spot, they preferred lechon baboy for the family. Julie and Bill had nothing in hand to force them to pay - regardless what was the story about it to the investors.

Since no one has ever seen the names of the borrowers, it is still unclear where the money is.
If its really with real borrowers, there are ways to go after them.  A collector maybe. 10% cost? Hurray, I am in. Better than lose 100% in a waiting game.

If the borrower contracts cannot be found or seen, then its estafa and thats the way to go.



I think that the first thing that should be done is to ask Julie for a list of all the names, contact numbers, employment,accounts etc for all of the 75 people. If she either cant- or is unwilling- to provide that information, then i suggest she - and Paul- be charged with estafa . I have done lots of collections in my time and i can assure you that there is no use in fooling around with these things . People will always try to stall you with reasons [ usually ones that they think you wont want to reject , such as I have a sick or dying friend i have to look after, or I assume the next one will be " i have to go to see my family in Mindanao!"   If you ever want to see any of your money again i suggest you get on it right away.  [ unless you prefer julie's route which was to just forget about even asking the borrowers for the money ]
And before anyone brings this up I will do so myself - just because julie is a female, and just because she is a filipiina, does not mean that she should not be held accountable for her actions. Way to often on forums i see people getting treated with kid gloves just because they are female- or especially if they are filipinas.  If you want to play with our money you have to be responsible for what happens .


Offline Mark

  • [Add as Friend]

  • Administrator

  • *
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Received: 29
  • Date Registered: Feb 2012


  • Posts: 222
  • Country: gb

  • Gender: Male
    • Skype
    • Facebook
    • View Profile
RE: Looking for Paul Petrea In Cebu
« Reply #168 on: February 23, 2012, 04:37:13 AM »
Quote from: 'lamoya' pid='1046' dateline='1329948733'Bill was a foreigner living on a purchased BB visa, like anybody else in the LIC forum who had not a ACR card.

You know that for a fact, do you - that Bill Aragoni was "living on a purchased BB visa"?

Yesterday you challenged Norseman to post proof with regard to statements he made regarding Petrea's Passport. And yet here you are posting assumptions that you have made as if they are cast-iron facts. Please stop doing that.

I and, I suspect, a number of other members will not take kindly to the way you automatically assume that because LinC's owner is "bad" that all LinC members are therefore equally "bad". That simply isn't true. LinC had - and maybe still has - a number of good, decent people who would not condone Paul's actions now they are known. Many of this site's members are those good, decent people who have migrated from LinC.

If you wish to remain a member here, stop the abrasive manner and all the insults in your posts. Paraphrasing The Stig's remarks addressed to you: you'd do much better by listening than by speaking.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 04:47:20 AM by Markham »

Offline Norseman

  • [Add as Friend]

  • Banned

  • *
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Received: 1
  • Date Registered: Feb 2012

  • Posts: 117
    • View Profile
    • Email
RE: Looking for Paul Petrea In Cebu
« Reply #169 on: February 23, 2012, 06:24:04 AM »
lamoya you seem to have alot of good information after the fact.  Where were during the proposed schemes that were being played?  Why did you not attempt to warn people?  I did you can read my post as it is still there in the LINC thread.  At least I gave it an attempt.  

I am glad you have all this information about people now yet really what does good does it do today?

It just compounds peoples wounds.
Here is the deal. Paul Solicited the funds via LINC.  Bill did not chime in for several days that he was the man behind the post.  Julie though dragged into this by default of being with Bill has nothing to do with this.  You are lucky she is honest as what would stop her from just taking the money.  She seems like an ally that you should treat with kindness as she will be the key to the return of funds.

As for the deleted posts. It happens all the time on LINC.  Classified ads are deleted if they steer off topic or are not interested. The same happens to business opportunities.   The most recent of deleted posts was war over Vmobile and if it was MLM or Pyramid scheme.  Many warning of not to do it were deleted by Paul.  As he endorsed the product.  It was not something just done of this thread in LINC.  The policy is the same for all posts of endorsed business ventures and Classified ads.  
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 06:37:29 AM by Norseman »

Offline wowwowee

  • [Add as Friend]

  • Full Member

  • **
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 1
  • Date Registered: Feb 2012

  • Posts: 105
    • View Profile
RE: Looking for Paul Petrea In Cebu
« Reply #170 on: February 23, 2012, 07:06:38 AM »
Norseman - you say that " Julie though dragged into this by default of being with Bill has nothing to do with this."

Now on the other hand Moalboring who I understand was the largest investor in the program tells a much different story.  perhaps if you told us your involvement with the day to day  operation of the 5-6 loans i would be able to decide which of you to believe.   If you have no first hand knowledge- like Moalboring does- then I think you do everyone who is trying to get at the TRUTH  a great disservice by making such statements .
I am not out to harm any innocent person - if they are truly innocent. Julie included. on the other hand , if she was an active participant [ which Moalboring says she was, and julie says she was ] and benefited from this scam , then I say that she should hang  from the same tree as  Paul .
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 07:08:05 AM by wowwowee »

Offline lamoya

  • [Add as Friend]

  • Banned

  • *
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 0
  • Date Registered: Feb 2012

  • Posts: 23
  • Country: fr
    • View Profile
    • Email
RE: Looking for Paul Petrea In Cebu
« Reply #171 on: February 23, 2012, 07:13:30 AM »
Below, is a screenshot of a spreadsheet that Paul made public for a few hours before retrieve it.The reason he did that is irrelevant - at least for now- I erased any information pertaining to the investors' ID with the exception of two that came publicly and acknowledged their participation on the "program" Bob Ward did it here yesterday, Jim Sibbick in the LIC forum. Other names you see on the bottom on the sheet have been published already as irrelevant, because they did not invest, at least as per Dec. 23. 2010.

Let's discuss this, more later.

[ Specified attachment is not available ]



This post has been heavily edited to remove duplicate content this poster has already posted.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 07:33:18 AM by Markham »

Offline Norseman

  • [Add as Friend]

  • Banned

  • *
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Received: 1
  • Date Registered: Feb 2012

  • Posts: 117
    • View Profile
    • Email
RE: Looking for Paul Petrea In Cebu
« Reply #172 on: February 23, 2012, 07:16:56 AM »
You piss her off what is to stop her from taking the money.  She should be treated kind because she is being nice and giving information.  Do not read into what I post.  She was very forth coming with information and wanted to help.  

She did not solicit money from people and as stated here does not know who were the people that invested and waiting on Paul for guidance.  She may have participated yet blindly not knowing what was happening behind the scenes.  Guilt by association that is her crime.

Again I feel it would be in the best interest to coddle this source to reach an end goal.
QuoteFile charges for estafa against Paul Petrea and Julie. It's a very serious offense in the PH and I think no bailable. I think. Your chances to win the case? 100%.

You are right but how long will it take?  Once you go down that road there is no turning back. Juile gave that information freely and she has been willing to help.  You should explore that first and try and get you money back.  Think before you exact revenge on someone. What is more important. Your money or Paul in Jail.  You will not get both and may not get either if you file a case.  
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 07:25:25 AM by Norseman »

Offline Baldrick

  • [Add as Friend]

  • Jr. Member

  • *
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 5
  • Date Registered: Feb 2012


  • Posts: 29
  • Country: gb

  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
    • Email
RE: Looking for Paul Petrea In Cebu
« Reply #173 on: February 23, 2012, 07:58:12 AM »
Quote from: 'Norseman' pid='1087' dateline='1329981416'
QuoteFile charges for estafa against Paul Petrea and Julie. It's a very serious offense in the PH and I think no bailable. I think. Your chances to win the case? 100%.


You are right but how long will it take?  Once you go down that road there is no turning back. Juile gave that information freely and she has been willing to help.  You should explore that first and try and get you money back.  Think before you exact revenge on someone. What is more important. Your money or Paul in Jail.  You will not get both and may not get either if you file a case.  


I think you're right, Norseman. Is Lamoya a lawyer practicing in the Philippines? If not, then how can he possibly say "Your chances to win the case? 100%."? He can't of course. I do question his interest in this case since he's obviously not an investor.

I do agree with you that it would appear that Julie has been co-operating by answering Americano's questions and by showing him the "books". It could well be that she was told what she needed to do by Paul and/or Bill - but I suspect Paul was really in charge - and she wasn't privy to everything. I also agree that she is the one person you need to get very much on-side if you're to stand any chance of finding the missing money.


Offline Moalboring

  • [Add as Friend]

  • Jr. Member

  • *
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 0
  • Date Registered: Feb 2012

  • Posts: 19
    • View Profile
RE: Looking for Paul Petrea In Cebu
« Reply #174 on: February 23, 2012, 08:34:40 AM »
Quote from: 'Baldrick' pid='1091' dateline='1329983892'
It could well be that she was told what she needed to do by Paul and/or Bill - but I suspect Paul was really in charge - and she wasn't privy to everything. I also agree that she is the one person you need to get very much on-side if you're to stand any chance of finding the missing money.


It was not really Paul who was in charge. Not even Bill, but Julie.
The following is their roles:

1) Bill - the expert (regardless how dubious it is given his criminal history)
2) Paul - the provider of investors through his credibility and assumed reputation, the owner of the media
3) Julie - she had the contacts at places where the money was sent and did the legwork in the collection attempts

Once the money was handed over to Bill and Julie, Paul has not seen it again, he has drawn some monthly salary for this. One day I saw Bill handing it over to him.
But this all could have been a theatre.
There is also a reason why Paul started his own investment scheme. In October when I was there in Bill's house they had a quite loud fight over what's Paul's contribution in the business. It seemed as if Paul did not do as much as Bill expected.

The more interesting thing was that Bill called me names, such as son of a bitch right after the arrival - apparently for my challenging questions in GEL, which has lead to his exit of the business.
He was also very nervous and he even told us why: I had other people with me (yes, as witnesses of what has been said) and Paul had his actual gf with him.
Bill did not like the fact that there were other people around, and when I asked him with innocent face what was wrong with that, he simply acted out and shouted.
Something was wrong there between them, for sure and there were things that Bill wanted to hide.

For me it seemed that they concocted something together but it went not exactly as they planned.




Offline wowwowee

  • [Add as Friend]

  • Full Member

  • **
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 1
  • Date Registered: Feb 2012

  • Posts: 105
    • View Profile
RE: Looking for Paul Petrea In Cebu
« Reply #175 on: February 23, 2012, 08:50:08 AM »
This post has been heavily edited to remove duplicate content this poster has already posted.

maybe i'm just a bit slow today but when was the spread sheet posted before ?  i would like to look at it again


ah, ok,, now its reappeared !! lol
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 08:51:42 AM by wowwowee »

Offline lamoya

  • [Add as Friend]

  • Banned

  • *
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 0
  • Date Registered: Feb 2012

  • Posts: 23
  • Country: fr
    • View Profile
    • Email
RE: Looking for Paul Petrea In Cebu
« Reply #176 on: February 23, 2012, 08:56:26 AM »
Quote from: 'lamoya' pid='1086' dateline='1329981210'
Below, is a screenshot of a spreadsheet that Paul made public for a few hours before retrieve it.The reason he did that is irrelevant - at least for now- I erased any information pertaining to the investors' ID with the exception of two that came publicly and acknowledged their participation on the "program" Bob Ward did it here yesterday, Jim Sibbick in the LIC forum. Other names you see on the bottom on the sheet have been published already as irrelevant, because they did not invest, at least as per Dec. 23. 2010.

Let's discuss this, more later.





This post has been heavily edited to remove duplicate content this poster has already posted.


Yeah right, it was heavily edited by the poster? No folks! It was massacred by the moderators. Let's see if they are gonna post this:

http://law.justia.com/cases/federal/appellate-courts/F2/898/147/69498/
(Look at item #10

And this one:

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-1178999.html

Offline Baldrick

  • [Add as Friend]

  • Jr. Member

  • *
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 5
  • Date Registered: Feb 2012


  • Posts: 29
  • Country: gb

  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
    • Email
RE: Looking for Paul Petrea In Cebu
« Reply #177 on: February 23, 2012, 09:05:34 AM »
Quote from: 'Moalboring' pid='1095' dateline='1329986080'
It was not really Paul who was in charge. Not even Bill, but Julie.
The following is their roles:

1) Bill - the expert (regardless how dubious it is given his criminal history)
2) Paul - the provider of investors through his credibility and assumed reputation, the owner of the media
3) Julie - she had the contacts at places where the money was sent and did the legwork in the collection attempts


If you believe that then I say you are being naive. Paul is the archetypal male chauvinist, who has no respect for women, and he's not going to accept one being in charge of any venture he's involved in.

Of course Julie would have taken an active role in the operation since it's not a very wise business for any foreigner to be involved in. Only she would have the contacts and only she would be able to do the repayment collections, that makes sense. But that doesn't mean she was in charge because I very much doubt she made any actual decisions.

Offline lamoya

  • [Add as Friend]

  • Banned

  • *
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 0
  • Date Registered: Feb 2012

  • Posts: 23
  • Country: fr
    • View Profile
    • Email
RE: Looking for Paul Petrea In Cebu
« Reply #178 on: February 23, 2012, 09:18:48 AM »
Quote from: 'Norseman' pid='1087' dateline='1329981416'
You piss her off what is to stop her from taking the money.  She should be treated kind because she is being nice and giving information.  Do not read into what I post.  She was very forth coming with information and wanted to help.  

She did not solicit money from people and as stated here does not know who were the people that invested and waiting on Paul for guidance.  She may have participated yet blindly not knowing what was happening behind the scenes.  Guilt by association that is her crime.

Again I feel it would be in the best interest to coddle this source to reach an end goal.

QuoteFile charges for estafa against Paul Petrea and Julie. It's a very serious offense in the PH and I think no bailable. I think. Your chances to win the case? 100%.


You are right but how long will it take?  Once you go down that road there is no turning back. Juile gave that information freely and she has been willing to help.  You should explore that first and try and get you money back.  Think before you exact revenge on someone. What is more important. Your money or Paul in Jail. You will not get both and may not get either if you file a case.  


Both. The money and Paul in Jail. The spirit of the law is protect and serve. Put Paul in jail to protect other innocent victims not only their wallet but most important their lives, serve the victims to recover damages from prejudices they were victims. But I think all victims they find here is discourage and negativism each time the word 'lawsuit" is written. Victims, make no mistake.Action is not in the agenda of this forum.The forum is managed by 2-3 of the hard core of the LIC moderators, they are still moderators there, all they do, is pretend dissociating temporarily their position "in the most gentle manner" because the prodigal son might "be back" soon and everything will be back to order.

Offline wowwowee

  • [Add as Friend]

  • Full Member

  • **
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 1
  • Date Registered: Feb 2012

  • Posts: 105
    • View Profile
RE: Looking for Paul Petrea In Cebu
« Reply #179 on: February 23, 2012, 09:20:58 AM »
I see Bill was a very busy boy indeed !!  Fraud, fraud and more fraud !!  Exactly the kind of person to help Paul perpetrate this kind of scam.  of course they needed a local to make it all work .

I think the problem is using the term  " in charge" when referring to julie.  She might not have been in charge - in fact i doubt that she was, but she  certainly was no bit player ! None of this scam could work without her total involvement.  

 And now of course   she will " cooperate" and blame everything on the guys.  But I dont buy it. I believe they were all equally guilty.  Julie says she put out 100 loans to 75 people- did she supply any proof of that ?  lets get the names and contact numbers and get someone to investigate if  1. these people actually exist  and 2 . these people actually even borrowed money.

Page-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-22-23-24-25-26-27-28-29-30-31-32-33-34-35-36-37-38-39-40-41-42-43-44-45
 

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last Post
24 Replies
664 Views
Last Post March 16, 2012, 11:54:32 AM
by Bob Ward

Home Messages   
{}Who's Online (2)
Loading...